Book Review : Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Book Review : Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver



Hey my lovelies, I am so sorry this is a week late, so this is one of two reviews. The second review of 2015 is Before I fall by Lauren Oliver.
Okay, so I admit it, this is not the first time I have read Before I fall, but I find that everytime I read it, it just gets better and better. I am afraid to say I am not a huge fan of Oliver’s other books including Delirium as I simply cannot get into them. I get tired and bored fast, But Before I fall is different and is definitely included in my top 10 favourite books. Maybe it is the story or the main character, there is just something there that I simply love and I wish Oliver had included it into her other works. I can’t help but root for - and even though I know she cannot live as she is already dead, I can’t help but hope she lives and each time she wakes up feel slightly sad.*spoiler* But you soon forget the morbidity of death when she is faced with real life problems and typical teenage ones. With her in a way almost completely forgetting about her imminent death.
I really liked the main character, and I enjoyed the idea of a mean girl realizing her ways even if it is abit too late and trying to fix them. From a girl she previously picked on, a cheat, her boyfriend, her best friend and someone she would never normally associate with. I just love it. I would definitely recommend it and it is quite a short read with only 344 pages (paperback version). I personally read it in 3 hours, but as soon as I get into a good book I just can’t stop.



Link on goodreads [x]


Next book review : Rebel Belle  by Rachel Hawkins


0 comments: