Book Review: Misty Falls by Joss Stirling

Hey my lovelies, I have just finished reading Misty Falls by Joss Stirling and decided to write my first review of 2015 on it.





I have been a big fan of Joss Stirling for a awhile now. It has beeen a sort of tradition for the last four Christmases  that I receive one of her books. I got hooked on Finding Sky, when I read a excerpt in some sort of magazine, I instantly begged my parents for it and received it for Christmas possibly in 2010 or 2011. Since then Finding Sky, Stealing Phoenix and Seeking Crystal have been a part of my favorites, they have now been joined by Misty Falls. Even though the previous novels in the series have been predominately about the Benedict brothers finding their soulfinders. This fourth one could be classed as a side novel, as it is not directly linked to a Benedict brother finding love, (Even though it is in there) They are put on the back
burner for Misty's story.




Goodreads synopsis: Misty is a one-girl disaster zone. Born with a Savant ‘gift’ that means she can never tell a lie, her compulsive truth-telling gets her into trouble wherever she goes.
So when she meets Alex: gorgeous, confident, and impossibly charming, Misty instantly resolves to keep her distance … Someone so perfect could never be hers, surely?
But a dark shadow has fallen across the Savant community. A serial killer is stalking young people who have these special mental powers. Soon one of them will be taken to the edge of death … and beyond






In the first couple of chapters I was waiting for the umpff that really kicks a story into gear and from then on. I enjoyed myself, finding myself not wanting to put it down for the final chapters. I enjoyed the small twist, although it did seem fairly obvious who it was after I found out (hope that makes sense). I enjoyed the (new and old) characters, especially the ones that have returned, which were mainly Zed and Sky, but I enjoyed the book immensely and I am rating 4.5 out of 5 stars. I have to admit I did not like the way Alex forgave his parents I mean really? Your parents abandon you for 13years, nut now they’re here, and there would be no bitterness at all? Maybe that’s just me, but who knows? What do you think of Misty Falls? Send me a comment in my askbox (x). See you next time my lovelies, when I am going to review Before I fall by Lauren Oliver, which will come out on the 9thJanuary 2015.
xoxo
Emma (EnglishBlonde)

0 comments: