Book Review: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

Book Review: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner


Hey my lovelies, today's book review is These Broken Star by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner. Personally, I am not a big fan of scifi books, but I picked up These Broken Stars because booktuber Jessethereader said he really enjoyed it, so I figured I would read it. Completely blind of cause.

As I was saying I loved this book, the character development was amazing and the only problem I have with the book is that it ended and the fact that the sequel isn't about the same people, insert sad crying face here.

Goodreads Summary:
Luxury spaceliner Icarus suddenly plummets from hyperspace into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive -- alone. Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a cynical war hero. Both journey across the eerie deserted terrain for help. Everything changes when they uncover the truth. 
The Starbound Trilogy: Three worlds. Three love stories. One enemy

The cover, the cover is stunning I have to say I just love it,
The Characters are incredibly likeable. And you really got a feel for them both due to the point of view switching chapters. The plot was great, it went in a completely different direction than I thought it would. I expected it to be a romance about two people who live in space, but it went in a completely different way. I never expected it to be a survival story.

Spoilers Below
The only parts that annoyed me is for example when Lilac refused to take of her shoes. Which is strane because it is proably still something that I would do, just to piss someone off, but it still seemed incredibly stupid and then the whole thing with the dress, how long did she wear this long evening gown? And how come none of the characters ever mentioned smell, sure Lilac did when Travors was passed out and went into the ship, but surely they must smell and the planet itself, must have smells.

Also at the end you have the whole rift thing, I personally don't get it. Why was her father looking into the rift? Why did these researchers go into it in the first place? What happened to the researchers? How come when the creature bought back the water cleaner it had no marks from when Travor was in the war, but when Lilac came back from the dead, she was the same, it did'nt make any sense.

I don't personally think either that Lilacs father would have let her go so easily at the end either, he was just like yeah whatever. Which personally seemed really out of character from the man who had his daughters boyfriend killed because he wasn't 'good enough'. It was to easy.

Have you read this book? What did you think? Are these questions answered in the sequel?
Check it out on goodreads here.
Previous book Review: The Glam Guide by Fleur De Force
Next Book Review:

0 comments: