Book Review: From the Wreckage by Michelle G. Miller


Hey my lovelies, this week I discovered the Kindle App, I of cause have always been aware of its existence. But never used it myself, but thanks to BenjaminofTomes I was made aware that there are a lot of books available on Kindle for free. So once I downloaded the book he recommended I search for some more free books and I stumbled across From the Wreckage and various other books. I would definitely check it out. If you have not read From the Wreckage yet, you can download it for free here (I do not know how long this offer will last).

Title: From the Wreckage
Author: Michele G. Miller
Publisher: Enchanted Ink Press
Pub. Date: June 11th 2014
Date Read: 15th April 2015
Pages: 232
Rating: 4.2
Goodreads Summary: “In a matter of minutes on a Friday night, I lost my school, my identity, the security of my first love, the personality of my sweet fearless brother, my best friend, my town, everything as I knew it. Everything changed.” "Minutes - that’s all it takes to change your entire life. How do you deal with that?”  For high school senior Jules Blacklin surviving the storm is only the beginning. Faced with the new reality of her life, she must find a way to rise From The Wreckage and answer the question - how do you get back to normal, when everything that was normal is gone?

I went into this book completely blind, as I had no idea what it was about when I started reading the book, I had a bit of a shock. From the cover I expected it to be some sort of fluffy contemporary, but boy was I wrong, this book is about a love story between a boy and a girl, West and Jules, who are bought together when a tragedy strikes their town. I really did feel for ,but at the same time I could sympathize for West, even if he was a a**hole at times.

Their are minor spoilers below that are revealed in the first couple of chapters. As I am trying to downgrade the amount of spoilers I am putting in my reviews.
Through out the book, you could really sympathize for Jules, you really had a feel for her relationship with Tanya. And the way her body went into shock, at the memorial service. I really like the way that Jules had the acceptance of death, but until the memorial she just saw the dead as a list of names, she never saw them as actually people until she applied the names to faces she recognized around town, like she recognised a picture of a waitress who usually served her when she went to the restaurant with the family, but until then she was just a name.

The book was very enjoyable and some of this may have been that I was in the mood to read some angst. And one of the best parts about this book is that it is absolutely free! The link to the ebook on Amazon is here.

More Book Reviews.
Previous Book Review: Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
Next Book Review: Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
Also on Instagram, Twitter and  Goodreads.
EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: