Book Review: Suicide notes from Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten


Hey my lovelies, today's review is Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten. I received this book as an ARC, thanks to net-galley for an honest review. I surprisingly really enjoyed this book, it was exactly what I wanted to read at the time and I am so glad, I was approved for it, which was why I rated it 4/5 stars on Goodreads. 

Title: Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls
Author: Lynn Weingarten
Publisher: Simon Pulse & Electric Monkey
Pub.Date: 2nd July 2015 
Date Read: 23rd June 2015 
Pages: 320
Rating: 4/5
Goodreads Summary:Pitched as Gone Girl meets Thirteen Reasons Why
June barely has time to mourn the death of her best friend Delia, before Delia's ex-boyfriend convinces her Delia was murdered, and June is swept into a tangle of lies, deceit, and conspiracy.

The reason this book isn't the full five stars is due to the fact it took me the first 75 pages to finally get into the book, for me the start was very slow paced and it just took me awhile to become engrossed and not want to put it down to do other things. But when reading, whatever you do don't put it down as then it really kicks in and you become hooked.
 Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls is about a 17/18 year old girl called June, whose ex-best friend commits suicide. Hearing this she doesn't believe her ex-best friend would do something like this, which leads her onto a hunt of her best friends killer. Along the way there are various plot twists and suspects a long the way, with the biggest plot twist just around half way through the book. How far would you go to stop your friends and families enemies? This seems to be an underlying theme throughout the novel. 

After finishing reading it you definitely understand why it was compared to Gone Girl, as I would class this as a psychological thriller on that sort of pedestal. Due to this being an arc I have received there is no spoilers in this review and I personally would recommend it. 

The ending is a cliffhanger, with an answer that I doubt we will ever learn. Unless there is a sequel... Nevertheless I really enjoyed this book and when it does come out, I will be picking it up to add the my collection. Thanks again to Netgalley and Lynn Weingarten for providing me with the book for this review. All opinions in this review are completely my own and are in no way, shape or form biased.

To keep more up to date with what I am reading, you can check out my TwitterGoodreads andInstagram. 

Next Book Review: Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: