2016: A year in Review

Hey my lovelies, welcome to my '2016: A year in Review'. This year has definitely been a weird one for me. It has been one of them that not a lot has actually happened, but at the same time a lot has. Which is why as well as adding all of my bookish stats and info, I have decided to add some personal stuff in here too, so if you aren't interested in that feel free to just scroll past it, everything has clear headings so you can see whats what. Don't forget to check out my 2016 Goodreads Year in Books

Personal

 I celebrated my seventeenth birthday, got my first car and began learning how to drive, starting off with my dad teaching me (and quickly admitting defeat), before going to a qualified driving instructor. From there I believed everything was going to be a piece of cake... it was not. I am usually the sort of person, who only has to do something a few times before just knowing how to do it. This was not the case with driving, in all honesty I found the driving quite easy to do, but the theory side incredibly difficult. Which caused me to get very stressed and every time that I tried to read I would infact feel guilty for not reading my Highway code and theory books, which sent me into a really bad book slump. Even though I passed my theory test back in August, I am still suffering from this book slump in December, whilst writing this. I am trying to read, but I tend to stop myself just before picking up the book. However, going on to the positive, I managed to remove myself from my negative friends and get myself into a hardworking and good group of friends. And in college have managed to never drop a grade (meaning I have never got below top marks, in the year and a half I have been there so far). Which I am very proud off, as I worked so hard to get them grades. I also went on holiday twice this year, once to Barcelona, Spain, where I had never been before and also Disneyland Paris, France, which I absolutely loved.

All of this has left me very undecided on what to do in the next year, when I finish college. Do I go to university? Do I get a job? I know I have always had a passion for books and will continue with this blog, but what else do I do? To be honest I believe that everything has gotten rather on top off me this year and now I'm stuck at a awkward stage, where I do not know what I want to do. That is it for the personal stuff, now lets get onto my bookish year in review...

Books

Books Read: 75

Pages Read: 22,035 (not counting rereads)

Rereads: 2
The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan | Manwhore by Katy Evans 

Standalones:
(The History Major by Michael Phillip Cash | Faceless by Alyssa B. Sheinmel | Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard | Attachments by Rainbow Rowell | The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky | Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson | Life and Death by Stephenie Meyer | Mirror Image by Michele Pariza Wacek | Hate List by Jennifer Brown | Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell | Memories of a Mad Man by Don Spector | Two way street by Lauren Barnholdt | Sugar Baby Beautiful by J J Mcavoy | A Midsummers Nightmare by Kody Keplinger | The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas | Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas | Famous Last Words by Katie Alender

Series Started: 4
Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs | Replica by Lauren Oliver | The Tokyo Cover Girls by Jackie Amsden | The Selection by Kiera Cass | 
Series Started & Completed: 4
The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey | Missing 1-800 by Meg Cabot | The 100 by Kass Morgan | The
Perfectionists by Sara Shepard |  

Series Completed: 1
The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson

Books by Author:
Meg Cabot: 7
Kristen Callihan: 4 (5 with reread)
Katy Evans: 4
Mary E Pearson: 3
Rick Yancey: 3
Kiera Cass: 3
Kass Morgan: 3
Sara Shepard: 3
Rainbow Rowell: 2
Huntley Fitzpatrick: 2
Ransom Riggs: 2
Allyn Lesley: 2

Shortest Book: Burning Yves by Joss Stirling (41 pages)
Longest Book: The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson (679 pages)

Reviews posted: 29

Years Blogging: 2 years

Thank you for reading my lovelies, and due to it being the first week of the brand new year I have scheduled a post every day for you guys. Kicking off with my 2017 New Years Resolutions & Goals coming out tomorrow at 6pm GMT. 

January 1st - 2017 Goals
January 2nd - December Wrap Up & January TBR
January 3rd - Christmas Haul
January 4th- 2017 TBR
January 5th- Top 10 books of 2016
January 6th- first book review
January 7th- Books I planned to read in 2016, but didn't, but will
January 9th - 2017 Anticipated Releases (Part 1)

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: